Prepare a Moving checklist for Stress-Free Shifting
Even if you are moving to your "dream abode", the actual moving process is more like a nightmare than a beautiful dream. Preparing a comprehensive moving checklist will help you keep a track of tasks and will help you stay cool and calm during the entire procedure. You must prepare your own checklist by following the guidelines mentioned below:
Moving checklist for 6-8 weeks before the move:
- First thing is check your credits score because your new proprietor might like to verify your credit history before renting you an apartment.
- Inform your present property owner that you are planning to vacate the home and confirm that you will be paying the amount for the notice period.
- Calculate and decide on a moving budget.
- Decide whether you will complete the packing yourself or will you prefer hiring a professional moving company. Research and shortlist on the moving company that your plan to hire and talk to their agents.
- Talk to your insurance provider for renter's insurance for your new home and cancel your existing policy.
- Prepare a list of people whom you need to inform about your move such as your friends, employers, doctors, schools, creditors etc.
- Start collecting packaging material.
Moving checklist for 3-4 weeks before the move:
- Start packing the items that you need less frequently. You should also pack your valuables carefully and keep them in a special box.
- Make your home free from debris, organize a garage sale for all items that you are not planning to carry or give them away.
- Cancel all your monthly subscriptions and talk to utility companies about disconnect date.
- Clean your fridge and start using stored item.
- Visit USPS and fill change of address form.
- Make your moving arrangement and talk again with the moving company.
Moving checklist for 1-2 weeks before the move:
- Clean your apartment and make repairs if needed.
- Pack all the items leaving behind the essentials such as your toiletries, clothing and personal items.
- Confirm your moving date with the truck rental company.
- Call up your new proprietor and talk to utility companies so as to ensure that all the connections are in place before you move-in to the new unit.
On the moving day just keep a calm head, keep food and water ready, get your belongings loaded in the truck carefully, give your old apartment one last look to ensure nothing is left behind and drive to your new apartment to receive the movers.
Top Apartment Searches
San Diego Apartments San Jose Apartments Chicago Apartments Denver Apartments Clearwater Apartments Atlanta Apartments Boston Apartments
Minneapolis Apartments Dallas Apartments Lasvegas Apartments Houston Apartments Raleigh Apartments Columbus Apartments Oklahomacity Apartments